Superintendent's E3 Message
Superintendent's E3 Message
Message from Dr. Moody:
Experience the POWER of a New Public Education
This is a powerful and exciting time for Rowan-Salisbury Schools and our community!
As we come to the completion our 2014-2017 Strategic Plan and work on creating our 2017-2020 Strategic Plan, this is the time we look back to where we were in 2014 and where we are now in 2017. We know our teachers and students have been working hard and it takes my breath to see all that ‘we’ have accomplished in just three years. ‘We’ being all of us – students, teachers, administrators, parents, community, business and elected leaders – and ‘we’ should be so proud and excited!
WHAT WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED
Our focus is Literacy and Student Engagement.
- Digital 1:1 Apple devices for each student
- Achieve3000, Smarty Ants, Ready Rosie
- RSS Parent Resource LiveBinder
- Discovery Education Tecbooks
- PBLs - Problem-Based Learning
- PLCs – Professional Learning Communities & Data Teams
- Blended Learning
- Personalized Learning
- Teaching Channel – soon to be announced…
- Read-to-Achieve Summer Camps
Our support and sponsors are overwhelming.
- Community School Visits
- Crosby Scholars
- Communities In Schools
- Rowan Partners for Education Educational Foundation
- Parent and Community Lunch and Learns
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Pep Rallies
- Free Masters STEM Program
Our events are leaving people in awe of our accomplishments.
- 3 Literacy Summits
- Local Job Fairs & Recruiting Weekends
- PBL Showcase
- High School Academy Showcase
- Back-to-School Teacher Conferences
- EdCamp Rowan
Our state and national awards are the result of hard work from our teachers and students
- Achieve3000 Student National Recognitions
- Teachers Getting Results
- Grand Prize Winner for Digital & Instructional Transformation
- Digital Curriculum Strategy Award
- Digital Citizenship Curriculum Award
- NC Blue Ribbon Awards for Excellence in Communication & Marketing
Educational Leaders have written articles, participated in interviews and panels, and led conference presentations across the state and nation because of our innovative approach to transformational education.
- The Learning Counsel
- Education Talk Radio
- ISTE-International Society for Technology Education
- NCTIES – NC Technology In Education Society
- NSPRA –National School Public Relations Association
- TED Talks
- THE Journal
The exciting part is that these are just bulleted highlights!
EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF A NEW PUBLIC EDUCATION
AND… our most exciting event is yet to come. ‘Experience the POWER of a New Public Education’ is sponsored by Discovery Education and will happen on April 6 & 7. This event welcomes educational and elected leaders from across our state and nation to come and see what we are accomplishing for students. Part of the day will involve students leading poster sessions and performing a play at a local theater followed by dinner. It will be an awesome event.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the privilege to be part of such a dynamic community that is ready to see our schools and children excel to their highest potential.
Let’s keep moving forward together!
Lynn Moody, Ed.D.
PREVIOUS E3 MESSAGES:
|About the "Superintendent's E3 Messages"|
Dr. Moody believes in staying connected with all the district's staff that equates to about 3,000 employees. Through E3 messages, staff can stay abreast about what is happening in schools across the district that are promoting student achievement and success through the 2014-2017 Rowan-Salisbury Strategic Plan goals and objectives.
LIteracy and Student Engagement are the focus areas in the Strategic Plan. E3 messages inform staff how this focus is creatively and successfully being carried out through instructional learning transformation:
E3 messages tell the stories of how CCRP is transforming learning environments in individual schools across the district as well as through district sponsored professional development training and events.