Message from…Superintendent Dr. Lynn Moody
Just a little over two years ago committees were meeting to discuss the development of a new strategic plan and direction for our district. We had not yet identified that Literacy and Student Engagement would be our focus for the following three years.
Representatives from our students, staff, community partners, parents and stakeholders participated in creating our district’s Strategic Plan – the vision to make our students successful in life.
Since that time we have:
- Adopted a 3-year Strategic Plan
- Re-purposed funds for a digital conversion
- Deployed iPads and Laptops to students and staff
- Created a district-wide Literacy Framework
- Increased bandwidth and infrastructure
- Implemented a Visitor Identification System in schools
- Opened schools to community visits
- Provided recruitment fairs and hiring incentives
- Encouraged “go and see’ opportunities for educators
- Developed key partnerships with:
- Discovery Education
And the list goes on...
With all these and more additions, instruction has changed in exciting ways. Classrooms are turning into collaborative learning spaces and students are being challenged to become critical thinkers and problem-solvers. Learning is fun and engaging for students. Much has happened in a very short period of time and it is so amazing to see how teachers are embracing the different styles, as students become involved learners. We still have far to go, but we are making that turn and on our way.
Thank you to our students, staff, parents, community partners and elected officials for all you do to help us paved the way so our children will have a brighter and more successful future.