Vocabulary for Dec 2
1. boastfulness - being full of praise for oneself
2. clever - smart
3. culture - the customes, beliefs, and ways of living that belong to a group of people
4. folktale - a traditional story handed down from one generation to another
5. greediness - being filled with selfish desire for more than what one needs
6. mischief - bad behavior
7. qualities - features that make a person or thing special
8. trickster - a character who plays tricks or pranks on others
Do you want to play a game to practice your vocabulary words???
1. Click on the title of the story
2. Then click on e-games.
This title of this week's story is:
Lunch 11:10 - 11:35
PE 10:25 - 11:10 Tuesday
Computer 1:15 - 1:45 Tuesday
Art 10:25 - 11:10 Friday
Music 10:25 - 11:10 Thursday
**(these can be practiced by going to the spelling city link and finding the name of the story)**
join, joy, boil, noise, spoil, choice, soil, point, foil, voice, coil, broil
Review words / word wall words:
**Challenge words: (if they pass the pretest of regular words on Monday)**
enjoy, rejoice, trapezoid, moisture, avoid, appointment, noisy, poison, choice, employee, pinpoint
Students will work on writing daily in our classroom using Writer's Workshop. We strive t0 have good 3 paragraph stories.
We edit for punctuation, spelling, capitalization and
grammatical errors. We will also work on writing detailed sentences to go with a main idea sentence and a closing sentence.
We will practice writing "seed" stories instead of "watermelon" stories as the students learn to focus their ideas on paper.
Continue to have your child read stories aloud to you. By having your child do this and by talking to them about the above things, you are helping reinforce these skills!
We will be practicing writing personal narratives as well as imaginative stories this year.
Ready for Reading!
Reading logs will be sent home in the homework folder. Your child is required to read several nights each month for 15 minutes. You may always read more than the assigned nights.
Sign agendas nightly and look for homework.
Read for the monthly reading log and return homework daily.
Rowan-Salisbury Policy Reminders