Hi my name is LaVerne Corday Zachary and I am your Parent/Community Liaison. My position serves both Knox Middle School and North Rowan High School. I am a native of coastal Carolina and very excited about serving the students and communities of Salisbury and Rowan County.
Here at KMS we realize the importance of collaborating with parents and the community to create an effective learning enviroment. We appreciate the commitment that our parents undertake to support their children through all of their challenges and joys they may experience during their academic career. We respect parents as critical contributors to the educational development of their children. With parents, staff and the community working together, every student is given an opportunity to become successful. I look forward to working with each and everyone of you!! It’s going to be an AWESOME year!!!!
LaVerne C. Zachary, B.S.W, MA
“Inspire someone along the way”
At Knox Middle School, we realize that parent involvement is displayed in many forms such as:
- Reading to your child at home
- Supporting your child in doing his/her homework
- Talking with your child about his/her day at school
- Helping your child get to school on time each day
- Attending parent-teacher conferences
- Serving on school committies
- Volunteering your time to help classroom teachers or school personnel with all of the tasks necessary to create the type of nuturing and supsportive educational enviroment necessary to provide high quality effective intruction to all students.