Corriher Lipe Middle School has an extensive history, beginning with the 1932 division of Rowan County into nine school districts. The Landis district consisted of Lipe, Concordia, Corriher, Enochville, Unity, and Sloop Schools and offered curriculum through eighth grade.
The main building of the current Corriher Lipe School was built and named Landis High School in 1949. Then, in 1961, when South Rowan was built to serve grades 10, 11, and 12, Corriher Lipe Junior High School emerged. The campus was split, however, with the eighth and ninth grades housed in this building and seventh grade housed in the former Aggrey Memorial School Building one mile from this site. Aggrey was renovated in 1975 and named Landis Elementary, and the 7th grade was moved to Corriher-Lipe. Corriher-Lipe began its transition to current status as a middle school during the 1989-1990 school year and underwent another major renovation in 1994-1996.
Major feeder schools for Corriher-Lipe are Landis and Enochville Elementary, with some students from Millbridge Elementary. In turn, Corriher Lipe feeds primarily into South Rowan Senior High School, with some students attending Jesse Carson High School, which opened its doors for the first time for the 2006-2007 school year.