Join the Rowan-Salisbury School System
SECOND Annual Summer Reading Challenge
Who: All students in grades K-12 (the grade you just completed)
What: It’s Easy…..Just READ! You may read fiction and nonfiction books, newspaper, magazine, online articles, or just about anything!
When: Beginning the week of June 10
Where: Online at http://www.rss.k12.nc.us/index.php/ReadAnything
How: Visit the website listed above, click Submit Entry on the left side of the page and fill in the form. Be sure to click Submit!
For every entry you submit, your name will be entered for a grand prize drawing at the end of the summer. There will be a grand prize for grades K-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
The challenge will conclude with an end-of-summer party on Thursday, August 29 for all participants!
Visit the Read Anything Lately website for updates and entry spotlights!
What is this all About?
It doesn’t matter what you read or whether you loved or hated it; what matters is why you chose it and what you think about it. Whether it’s a book about dinosaurs, or an article about how to create a podcast, tell us in 150 words or less, why it got your attention.Whether you were inspired by a poem, enlightened by an article, blown away by a novel, or irked by someone’s opinion, tell us what got your attention and why.
Rules of the Contest
- You may choose any printed or online materials to read.
- Feel free to participate each week.
- The contest is open to students in grades K-12 and staff. (please use your grade last school year 2012-2013)
- Each response should be 150 words or fewer.
- Be sure to complete the entire entry form each time you submit your reaction to what you read.
- Make sure to provide us with a full title and author ( For example, The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss) or the URL(s), or Web address(es).