Adopted by the RSSS Board of Education
July 13, 2006
an exemplary system whose schools are recognized for the outstanding quality of their graduates, staff, and programs. These graduates allow Rowan County to successfully compete regionally, nationally, and globally for high quality business and economic development.
to develop globally competitive schools that inspire, challenge, and empower students to meet high academic standards, lead ethical lives, and demonstrate knowledgeable, responsible citizenship in an increasingly challenging world.
All children deserve the opportunity to reach their full potential. This will be achieved through:
- creating child-centered schools;
- implementing a balanced, rigorous curriculum for all students;
- demanding high expectations;
- realizing that quality of life depends on quality of education;
- maintaining safe and supportive learning environments;
- recruiting, retaining and promoting highly-qualified staff; and
- developing partnerships among students, parents, teachers, staff members, and the community.