Included on this page are materials teachers can get free or access over the internet. Brief descriptions are provided but only give a glimpse of all of the resources available. Browse around and find neat stuff for your class. In some cases there are entire curriculums available just for the asking.
Printables and Worksheets
- abcteach-includes basic worksheets, theme units, report writing, shape books, flashcards, reading comprehension info/practice and fun activities
- DLTK’s Educational Resources-Craft ideas and online activities to reinforce skills taught, practice blanks fro writing checks and addressing envelopes and many more.
- Teach English!-lots of free resources and worksheets for teaching english Great for ESOL and young student learning to master the English language
- School Express-some free stuff-offerings change over time so check back
- BJ’s resources-free science worksheets and powerpoint presentations dealing with science content
- Free Posters-print 5 X 7 posters for free-lots of topics
- I Love that Teaching Idea-lots and lots of teaching ideas sorted by category
- Math Facts Cafe-use already made worksheets or create you own. Grades 1-5
- Free Book Notes-the modern day cliff notes-summaries of books
- Authors on the Web-links to authors on the web
- Teach-nology-includes lots of downloads and several online activities to reinforce skills. Has online Mad Lib, webquests and other practice "games".
- Book Search-great for librarians allows kids to look for books that will interest them. Gives information on the author and a synopsis.
- School Clip Art-over 75 categories of clip art that is free for teachers to use!!! One of the most comprehensive clip art sites for teachers.
- 50 States-a great site with all the information a student needs to do a complete report on any of the 50 states. Each page contains links relevant to that state.
- English Exercises- This German site has exercises to help with various aspects of grammar. Great review site for older students or practice for younger students.
- Survey Key-allows you to create an online survey for your students
- Educational Press-this site allows you to create TONS of new worksheets in a variety of formats and you can customize them to what you are teaching in your classroom.
- NASA-neat stuff can be found here-including live video feed from the space station. Lots of support materials and other stuff can be found here. Your school can even "partner" with NASA to work on areas of poor student achievement.
- Cyber Bee-Provides ways to integrate technology into the classroom in several subjects including math, science, social studies, and language arts. Includes curriculum ideas, Internet treasure hunts, research tools, and technology links.
- Puzzlemaker- Make all kinds of puzzles, save them online and add clip art to them.
- Teacher Created Materials-this site offers free weekly brain teasers and free sample pages of curriculum materials
Really free materials
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York-click on the education link and order free materials.
- Dole 5 a Day Program-encourages students to eat five servings of fruit or vegetables a day. Has both online materials and materials to order. (Shipping is suspended during the summer so order for fall in the spring) Your school must register but then all teachers can order their free materials.
- P & G-curriculum materials for students about Nutrition, Oral Care, Colds and Germs, and Puberty. Free materials and videos on all the subjects above.
- Puberty-curriculum materials for boys and girls about the changes that happen during puberty
- Starfall-will send free teaching materials and books for you to use in your classroom K-1st grade level
- Koko the Gorilla’s Club for Kids-get free materials about Koko and the project of communicating with gorillas.
- The History Channel-offers various teacher’s guides, calendars and other special offers for teachers.
- WatchKnowLearn-videos for classroom use for free-categorized and rated
- National Gallery of Art-borrow materials from here to enhance your art education program-well organized
- National Arbor Day Foundation-materials about the importance of trees, growing trees and other issues. A sampler pack is free other materials are available for costs
- National Institute for Drug Abuse-offers a set of free magazines appropriate for Middle School. Poke around in this site and discover other anti-drug and drug education materials.
- State Farm Insurance-kits that include videos, posters, teaching guides, and handouts on a variety of subjects including character education, insurance basics, and other subjects. Also offers presentations to schools
- Save the Manatee Education Materials-free materials dealing with Manatees-some are only for teachers in Florida so read carefully.
Other stuff of interest
- Sea World-view ShamuTV and get teacher guides to go with the programs. Other guides available with cross-curricular activities revolving around animal habitats as well as saving species.
- Think! Energy-an initiative from National Energy Foundation that strives to develop a culture of energy efficiency in students, teachers, schools and families
- American Chemistry Council-offers materials as well as teaching ideas (science experiments) on chlorine and plastic
- National Institute of Health-offers free curriculum materials dealing with science
- Elmer’s Glue-Teacher’s Resource area provides project ideas, classroom tips and resources to use Elmers products in your classroom
|Educators’ Express offers free classroom supplies for teachers in the Rowan-Salisbury School System.|