Staff Development Department
Staff Development FAQs:
Q: Why do I have to sign up for staff development through the SEA System?
A: One needs to sign up through the SEA System to ensure that renewal credit is issued.
Q: When can one receive renewal credits for a training?
A: A participant must first get prior approval from his/her principal to attend a training. One
must sign up for training via the SEA System to receive renewal credits and must sign the SEA system roster. Any training that is less than 5 hours cannot offer renewal credit. If a participant fails to attend a minimum of 5 hours of training, CEU’s will not be issued.
Q: Why is completing the survey important?
A: The follow-up survey solicits a participant’s thoughts on implementation, impact upon teaching practices, and student learning gains. This information is crucial to a final report that has to be turned in to the State Department and the Federal Office of Education every June.
Q: What does the State Department and the Federal Office of Education do with this information?
A: The information is used to determine the level of funding for staff development offered through No Child Left Behind.
Q: How many surveys do I get for each training?
A: For every training, a participant will receive a follow-up survey within 48 hours following the conclusion of the training. Participants may also receive up to 3 progress reports and a final report for each training. Failure to complete the follow-up survey within the time frame will result in the forfeiture of renewal credit.
Q: What happens if I forget to complete a survey?
A: Every participant who signs up for staff development via the SEA System will be given one week to complete a survey. If the survey is not completed during that week, the SEA system will send a reminder to the participant. Failure to complete the follow-up survey within the time frame will result in the forfeiture of renewal credit.
Q: What if I do not receive a survey within 48 hours of the conclusion of the training?
A: One should contact Ashley Turner (704-630-6006) to check the status of the survey.
Q: What if I sign up for staff development and then I am unable to attend the training?
A: Prior to the training date, one can cancel their activity proposal through the SEA System. If cancellation needs to occur after the date of the activity, please contact Ashley Turner.
Q: Why would one receive multiple surveys?
A: One should only receive a follow-up survey within 48 hours of the conclusion of the training, up to 3 progress reports throughout the school year, and a final report. With each survey and each progress reports, a reminder is sent approximately two weeks after the reports are sent.
Q: How will one know when they have completed all survey and reports for a proposal? A: One will receive an email with the subject line stating “Staff Development Proposal # Final Report”. Upon completing the final report, a congratulatory screen appears stating “Done! The final report has been processed. Thank you for your time and patience”.
Q: When will renewal credit NOT be given?
- Renewal credit will NOT be given for any activity that is less than 5 hours/ .5 CEU’s.
- Renewal credit will also be forfeited when one fails to complete the follow up survey within the allotted time frame (a survey will be sent out within 48 hours after the activity and a reminder will be sent one week after the survey is sent. Participants have 10 days from receiving the survey to complete it. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of renewal credits).
- Renewal credit will NOT be issued for any participant who does not complete a minimum of 5 hours of training.
Failure to sign the SEA System Roster/Sign Up sheet at the training will result in forfeiture of CEU’s. (The roster must be initialed each time the group meets until the training is completed)
- Participants must register online for the workshop in order to receive renewal credits
- Participants must sign the Activity Roster each day of attendance in order to receive renewal credit.
- Participants must complete the online survey in order to receive renewal credit. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of renewal credits.
- Participants must attend a minimum of 5 hours of training in order to receive CEU’s.