Curriculum and Instruction Department
Welcome to the Curriculum and Instruction Web site for the Rowan-Salisbury School System.
Welcome to the Curriculum Division of the Rowan Salisbury School System. As Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum K-12, it is my pleasure to work with the dedicated staff and administrators that make up our 35 schools. In the Curriculum Division, it is our goal is to provide support to students, teachers, staff, and administrators at all levels K-12 as we all work to implement the vision and mission of our School Board and Superintendent. The Curriculum areas are divided among Directors who provide oversight and focus for several areas including but not limited to:
- Elementary Education and Title I - Alesia Burnette
- Media, Textbooks, Vertical Teams, and AIG - Kelly Feimster
- Middle Schools, Arts Education, and Middle School CTE- Tina Mashburn
- High School and CTE for High School - Dr. Hazel M. Frick
- Staff Development and ESOL- Jerri Hunt
- Testing and Accountability, ClassScape- Colby Cochran
- Technology and Instructional Technology- Phil Hardin
- Exceptional Children - Crystal Vail
Working with Curriculum to offer additional areas of support are our programs of Horizons Unlimited led by Lisa Ware.
As we all work together to provide a sound instructional program to our students that is engaging and relevant for 21st Century learners, our goal is to align our efforts and work collaboratively. Whenever you have questions, or need assistance, please do not hesitate to call upon our various departments for support.
Thanks for your commitment to our children and our future.