Enrollment and Immunizations
- North Carolina General Statutes require immunizations for every child enrolled in this state.
- No student may attend a school (pre K-12) without presenting a Certificate of Immunization (vaccine record).
- The parent has 30 calendar days from the child’s first day of attendance to provide proof of the required immunizations.
- All kindergarten students must have a physical for enrollment.
- Students who entered the 6th grade after August 1, 2008, must receive a Tdap immunization unless a tetanus-containing vaccine has been given within the previous 5 years.
- Immunization Guidelines (pdf)
- Immunization exemptions