Child Nutrition Services of Rowan-Salisbury Schools is committed to providing save, quality, healthful food and service. As a valuable partner in education, our efforts support academic growth and success of our students, staff and community
Free & Reduced is availalbe to anyone in need. Please see your cafeteria manager for an application or download one. Complete and send to your child's school.
USDA Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Grant
Rowan-Salisbury Schools, Child Nutrition, is pleased to announce that we are once again recipients of the USDA Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Grant. The grant will service five of our elementary schools with funding as follows:
- Koontz - $33,659
- Knollwood - $42,679
- Isenberg - $24,941
- Hanford Dole - $28,574
- North Rowan Elementary - $29,542
Goals of FFVP:
- Create a healthier school environment by providing healthier food choices.
- Expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience.
- Increase children's fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Make a difference in children's diets to impact their present and future health.
Child Nutrition Services is proud to recognize the accomplishments of the following schools for their unprecedented record of receiving perfect Health Scores from the Rowan-County Board of Health.
- Knox Middle School - 7 Straight
- North Rowan High School - 7 Straight
- Salisbury High School - 7 Straight
- Bostian Elementary - 8 Straight
- Overton Elementary - 8 Straight
- Hurley Elementary - 10 Straight
- Mt. Ulla Elementary - 10 Straight
- Elizabeth Koontz - 11 Straight
Enochville Elementary - 18 Straight
--- This equates to 4.5 years in a row!