Human Resources - Qualifications

Human Resources - Qualifications

How to Apply HR Forms | Qualifications | Salary Info Substitute Info | Who to Contact

License Information

To Qualify for A Lateral Entry License:  see

General Licensure:  see

NCLB Highly Qualified Teachers: see

HQ System Totals:

 Master’s Degree Programs from Institutions of Higher Education (IHE)

Rowan Salisbury School System does not have the authority to approve these programs nor does the state (or our system) have a listing of approved programs.  The Licensure Division of the NC Department of Public Instruction has provided the following guidelines:

  1. The Master’s Degree requirements must meet the same criteria as traditional programs.
  2. The IHE offering the program must be a regionally accredited IHE.
  3. The program of study must be a state-approved program that will lead to licensure in the state where the IHE is based.
  4. North Carolina must issue a license in that area.
  5. It is the individual’s responsibility to verify ALL of the above guidelines with the IHE.

Whatever program of study you choose or IHE you choose, it is strongly suggested that you receive answers to all the above guidelines in writing from the IHE before you begin a program. 

Paraprofessional Information

Applicants for Paraprofessional Minimum Requirements for NCLB 

All applicants must have:

  • An Associate's Degree or 48 semester hours from a regionally accredited IHE (Institution of Higher Education)


  • Be eligible for a bus license.


      Substitute Teacher   

  • All Substitutes must have a high school diploma or, GED or higher.
  • Complete an approved Substitute Training Course and/or orientation. (This course is being provided by RSS at no cost to applicant.)
  1. (Note: This requirement is for NON-CERTIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY.)
  2. Documentation of completion must be provided.


Enabling this option will replace all fonts with the Open Dyslexic font.
Enabling this option will show a high-contrast version of this site's theme.